Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I have to admit that I probably feel a little too comfortable with this blog, because I'm fairly certain no one reads it except my mom. I want to write about some tough issues, and since it's a blog I can do that. that is precisely what blogging is for- saying whatever you like and not caring if you have to site it or use any sort of grammatical rules.
Maybe I have an ulterior motive in my purposeful ignorance of grammar in this article. I am in some small way, rebelling against being smart. This is a blog to say that I wish no one had every told me I was smart. I wish no one else ever thought they were smart either. I wish no one talked about big lofty concepts to feel important. I used to think that in true intelligent company, wisdom came before facts and truth before applause. I was wrong. intelligent people have displayed all the most base and carnal vices of envy and fad. I supposed that when i read socrates i would fined everyone who read him was a little more like him. I was very, very wrong.
If i stop reading milton, I'm going to start thinking about reading Milton. which is grave error and a terrible thing and makes for professors who talk much too loud at dinner parties about things they studied a long time ago.
but enough of this. I'm going to read, and ignore the smart people. I'm tired of people who have facts and no discernment.

that is my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment