Monday, May 28, 2012

Oxford Bound

It's 6:41 AM and I am so awake. I leave in an hour for the Pensacola. I will arrive in Charlotte at 1:36 and then depart for Philadelphia at 4. I will leave for london at 10pm tonight and arrive in London at 10 am london time (4am our time) and then find the train to Oxford and then find the Study Abroad Office. and then go to my apartment and fall asleep sometime tuesday night, in Oxford.

I am scared to death.

I mean, it will be fun and it's not like I didn't fly to Russia by myself at 18. (a somewhat more precarious business) it's just... you know. an Adventure.

I woke up this morning thinking about how many Americans have traveled across the pond to Britain to study at Oxford. How many brilliant minds have asked the very same questions I am asking myself.
I usually love flying. And really the flight itself will be enjoyable. it's just the navigating multiple strange airports and cities while jetlagged that i'm not looking forward to.

I do however, enjoy people watching in Airports. I usually create names for people in my head and imagine their lives. Perhaps I will write down a few of the best ones for my blog?

I should have more epic thoughts, but my mom is making me an omelet and really, what are a few elegant words compared to a good breakfast?


We can't have them galavanting up there like kangaroos, can we? - Mary Poppins



-Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment