Thursday, August 5, 2010

The college series: Moving in is easy.

"In the mean time, the cross comes before the crown and tomorrow is Monday morning."
- C. S. Lewis

I think I'm finally back into the swing of things since Russia. Aside from that random spurts of jetlag (like falling asleep at 9 pm) I seem to be fairly cured. I've spent my time preparing for my move to college in 2 weeks! AH!
I called my new roommate today and explained to her something like this:
I have fridge magnets of the Russian alphabet and do you mind me covering our mini fridge with my aphabet magnets, as well as bringing a 3 ft by 4 ft painting in the dorm. No, don't worry i won't try and hang it on the wall cause painting is on a massive piece of wood and weight about 50 pounds. Or more.
Oh and I'm also bringing a llama wool blanket I'll probably use as a rug that i bought at a market in Peru. Oh and I have a vintage hat collection... hmmm? oh not that many... like 20. No problem? okay cool.
Oh and about our beds. See, with my bed, i was figuring i would put one end on top of my bookshelf, and the other end on top of my desk, and then I'll have like a little cove under my bed! Isn't that cool?
...
The thing is, if i haven't scared her off at this point, she'll probably be a great roommate!
Moving in is easy.
Keep reading for more college blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment