Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home again

I just woke up from my first night sleeping in my own bed. Americans are so loud! ha. it's funny. and they give hugs alot.
Oh Russia.
This blog is because I want to leave you, my readers, with the last thoughts on my adventure. I told my friend Nate last night that I wasn't "changed" in a way that some people come back from trips or some experience and claim they'll never be the same again, they're going to change every detail of their life, etc. But now, I feel more... more Mallory than i've ever felt before. I feel more like my true self. More like the person I always was, but sometimes didn't act like. When everyone sins they lose part of their truer nature. The closer we are to God not only will we begin to look like Him, but we will begin to look more and more different from everyone else. Beauty and life and love can only produce originality. Not a new me, but the original me.
I'm very excited for this new chapter in my life. For college, for moving out into the world. To study music, theatre, dance. To become excellent in the things I love. And then when i come to Russia i will have more to give. My friends in Russia.. how i love them! I think that's the hardest part now. But it's not waiting. It's not goodbye. This is foreward motion. I will work now, I will learn now, I feel ready.


Also, I'd like to do a 24 hour theatre with kids ages 13-18 to raise money for the Christian School at the church. Sometime next week. It's a whole play in 24 hours. Cost would be $15 a person to be in it and $5 at the door to come see the performance. Does anyone want to help?

Thanks for reading along,
Mallory

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I could be there for another 24 Hour Theater!! ummmmm Skype? haha.

    "I'm very excited for this new chapter in my life. For college, for moving out into the world. To study music, theatre, dance. To become excellent in the things I love. And then when i come to Russia i will have more to give."

    This is perfect. Your mindset is so pure & so good & so RIGHT. becoming excellent in what you love to be able to give better. to work to give better, to increase value in that which you give. I love it. Through it all, you bring God glory. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete