Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Now I don't have homework and i'm still waking up before everyone else to write. I'm sure my roommates will think I've lost my mind.

I never do a good job of describing England, but a lot has been written on the subject before me, so it's probably alright. I live 3 floors up, above a bicycle shop and across the street from a pub. the Thames is a couple streets over on one side, the Eagle and Child a few streets the opposite direction. Yesterday I bought The Allegory of Love by Lewis for  3.50 pounds.
This morning we have lectures at New College, then i'm meeting friends for lunch at Brasenose college, then going to the Kilns. (The Kilns is C. S. Lewis' house) and then after the Kilns, probably something amazing. :)


Here' some Tolkien-

In Paradise perchance the eye may stray
from gazing upon everlasting Day
to see the Day-illumined and renew
from mirrored truth the likeness of the True.
Then looking on the Blessed Land 'twill see
that all is as it is, and yet may be free:
Salvation changes not, nor yet destroys,
garden not gardener, children not their toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment